A unique internship opportunity now arises for an outstanding and dynamic undergraduate to join our big family of Schenker Singapore in areas including but not limited to Human Resources and Logistic Operations.
What is DB Schenker?
DB Schenker is one of the leading globally integrated logistics service providers employing over 91,000 employees spread across 2,000 locations in 130 countries. With a turnover of over 19 billion Euros, we are a leading company both in Europe and worldwide.
As a leading global player in the multi-modal transport and integrated logistics using cutting-edge technology, innovative processes and excellent customer service, our customers acknowledge us as a highly competent and strategic partner to manage their supply chain.
Why join Schenker Singapore?
You will be part of our big family that makes Schenker a market leader in the global integrated logistics industry. We are committed to fostering a work environment that is open, challenging and motivating for our people.
- Degree with relevant field of study (i.e. Engineering, Business Management or Maritime)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Customer focus with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Resourceful with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about delivering quality work and detail oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively under time pressure and when faced with competing priorities
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently
- Network and learn from best-in-class logistics/business personnel in a supportive work environment
- Future employment opportunities to work in a leading logistics globally integrated logistics service providers
|Target number of interns||5|
|Objective||To provide insight into the Logistics industry and to help the interns
better understand operations within a 3PL company. We hope to
identify suitable candidates at the end of internship and attract them
to join Schenker upon completion of their study.
|Attachment Period||10 weeks (1 July – 6 September 2019)|
|Selection Criteria||• Good academic results (currently on the track of getting 2nd class honors)
• Leadership qualities
• High level of initiative and a team player
• Can-do attitude
• Good communication skills
• GPA of at least 3.7/4
• TOEIC score of 850 and above
|Job Scope||Interns will be project based, so the job scope might be different
depending on the assigned project.
|Remuneration Package||S$950 internship allowance + S$1,000 Housing Allowance|
|Working Hours||Mondays to Fridays; 8.30AM – 6.15PM (subject to respective
|Over Time Pay||We do not encourage overtime work for interns. However, in the
event that they do so, they will be given off-in-lieu.
|Benefits||• Company transport is provided from various pick-up points in Singapore
• Assigned Buddy / Mentor
|Application||• Send your English Resume, Cover Letter, Transcript & English
Certificate (e.g. TOEFL) to Schenker Career ( http://tiny.cc/sylp5y)
• Deadline: 20th May 2019
|Screening Process||• Online assessment tests
• Online interview